To enable mobile notifications:
1. Select the Hamburger tab on the top left corner.
2. Select Application Settings.
3. Customize Notification options.
Android app users can choose to receive notifications for "My topics" and/or "Separate notifications" for each post.
When and what message does the mobile app notify?
Notify even if online
ON: Receive notifications on your mobile even if you are online on web or desktop app
OFF: Receive notifications on your mobile only if you are offline on web or desktop app
Messages notified on mobile
@mention messages are always notified on your mobile app. Both iOS and Android App sounds and vibrates with notification.
When "My topics" setting is ON, the following messages are notified on the mobile app.
- New message in pinned topics
- New message in recently joined topics
- New message in non-muted my topic group
iOS app neither sound nor vibrate for this kind of notification.
Sounds and vibrates on Android app for this kind of notification depends on "Notify for every message" settings.
- ON: sounds and vibrates every time
- OFF: sounds and vibrates for only the first notification (When any notifications of Typetalk has been already shown, app neither sounds nor vibrates)
Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb feature allows you to temporarily mobile notifications
Unread mentions and/or DMs.
Types of notifications
Users can choose 4 options on what types of notifications they would like to get.
- Get all messages in all topics, mentions, and DMs by notifications.
- Count all unread topics in all topics, mentions and DMs as badge number
My Topics, DM's and Mentions
- Get all messages in my topics, mentions and DMs by notifications.
- Count all unread topics in my topics, mentions and DMs as badge number
Only DM's and Mentions
- Get mentions and DMs by notifications.
- Count mentions and DMs as badge number
Don't show Notifications
- No notifications
- No badges